Wavelink AIO Wavemaker – Know Your Flow
Water flow, one of the single, most important and overlooked basic necessities for any aquarium. In nature reefs are accustomed to constant changing water movements and throughout years of evolution they have changed to benefit from it.
Proper water movement helps crucial gas exchange, removes damaging waste build up and stimulates beneficial fish and coral health.
To simulate natural wave patterns we must understand the different kinds of water movement in nature: Laminar or Stream, Surging and Turbulant /Random Flow
Depending on what kind of livestock you have each one requires a specific type of flow that naturally occurs in the wild.
The general rule of thumb is 5 to 10 times the volume of water needs to move in your tank per hour…so if you have a 10 gallon tank you need to have 50 - 100 gallons moved. 50 gallons, 250-500 gallons and so forth.
No bigger than an egg and utilizing the latest in Sinewave technology the Wavelink by Innovative Marine is A DC powered, controllable & energy efficient wavemaker that gives you the flexibility to change wave patterns on the fly without the need of computers, APPS, or purchasing additional modules.
- Ultra-Quiet Sine Wave Technology
- Magnetic Swivel Mount (Max Wall Thickness 15mm)
- Adjustable Wave Frequency (9 Preset Modes), Including Self Cleaning and One Touch Feed Mode
- Linkable Wireless Master/Slave Configuration
Six Controllable Modes:
- For aquariums between 10 and 30 gallons
- Measures a mere 3" x 2.1"
- Produces between 165-1,500 GPH (gallons per hour)
- Adjust the flow to suit your tank with the included controller
- Consumes up to 20 watts (24V DC)